Skip to Content

Undergraduate Admissions

1.    Any student admitted to Texas State may declare Pre-Healthcare Administration as the major. To declare Pre-Healthcare as a major, contact the Health Professions Advising Center or School of Health Administration.

2.    Continuation into the Healthcare Administration major is guaranteed to students who:

a.    have an overall GPA of 2.00;
b.    are in good academic standing at Texas State;
c.    have successfully completed their general education core curriculum; and
d.    have completed CIS 1323 (or equivalent) and the following support courses with a ā€œCā€ or higher: MATH 1315 or an equivalent, ECO 2301 or 2314, HP 3325 or an equivalent, and HA 3308.

3.    To declare Healthcare Administration as the student's major and continue into junior level, first semester Healthcare Administration courses, the student must complete a change of major form with the School of Health Administration. Students can begin their junior level, first semester Healthcare Administration courses in a fall or spring semester only.


PLEASE NOTE: There are a limited number of program spaces each semester (fall/spring).

We will repost Application form for Spring 2025 at the end of August

The application form is due: (if the 1st falls on a weekend or holiday, application is due by NOON next working day)
Application Deadline for Spring - October 1
Application Deadline for Fall - March 1


  • Dr. Betancourt, BHA Program Director is available to answer all questions regarding Healthcare Administration as a major. You may email Dr. Betancourt at for an appointment.
  • All students are required to complete a residency for the BHA. The Joint Commission requires accredited healthcare facilities to complete criminal background checks on all employees. Therefore, a background check is required during your 3rd semester (enrollment in HA 4141) prior to the residency semester. If there is any reason that could prevent your placement at a facility, you will be asked to meet with the BHA Program Director and/or the Field Placement Coordinator to determine if you will be able to complete the residency requirement.

If you are NOT already a student, contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office.